Wednesday, January 02, 2013

The Year Ahead


For the past couple years around this time I make my resolutions in the form of a master plan for the upcoming year, covering everything from professional art to travel, reading, financial goals and more. There's something in my genetics that entails a love of spreadsheets and I find that writing it all down and checking back periodically keeps me somewhat focused on all (some) of these things. This winter I'm working on new work for a show at a public gallery, but I'm also hoping to start learning some new crafts* and keeping up my self-education when it comes to horticulture, ecology and sustainable living. When the winter is over I might have a big geographical life change but this is still in the planning stage.

*Crafts: I'm particularly interested in knitting, crocheting, rug hooking, embroidery, cross stitch, and quilting, and so far I can ... knit a scarf, so I have a long way to go.

Below are some progress photos, and I'm still posting day to day photos like these on my tumblr. I hope to have more moments like the one in the photo above in the coming year.



No comments: