Wednesday, July 26, 2006

July



July is almost over and I'm in preparation for taking off for awhile. I will be flying back to where I'm from for my brother's wedding and hanging out in the woods for awhile out there on the coast for a good month or so. After that I will be heading over to Paris for a stay and then over to Belgium for a three week residency at a print studio. This Flemish centre for the graphic arts is called the Frans Masereel Centre. It is located in the town of Kasterlee where the inhabitants are known as pompoenpapeters (pumpkin mash eaters) and they subsist on pumpkin soup, chocolate pumpkins and goblin biscuits.
After the residency I will be exploring the little countries, France too, and enjoying some solitude. I should be back in Montreal at the end of October.



No comments: